Over 50 Years Of Aggressive Criminal Defense Representation
Whether you’ve been in this position before or you’re in it for the first time, the feelings are similar. You’re fearing how much life is going to change if you are found guilty of the crime you’ve been charged with. In today’s world of criminal background checks for everything from applying for a job to renting an apartment, no one would want to have a criminal conviction on their record.
While we can’t guarantee results at the Leskovich Law Group, P.A., our Punta Gorda criminal defense attorneys are here to show you there is hope, and nothing is set in stone quite yet. We have over 50 years of collective experience in criminal proceedings. From our law office in Punta Gorda, we represent clients throughout southwest Florida.
In each of the thousands of cases we have been a part of, we remind our clients, the courts, the prosecution and juries of your rights to the presumption of innocence, a fair trial and the prosecution’s burden to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you are guilty of the crime in question. This is aimed at obtaining the best outcome possible.
Cases We Handle
Our attorneys are equipped to represent you in charges related to the following:
- DUI offenses: Florida courts take charges of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol very seriously. You face driver’s license suspension, thousands of dollars in fines and added insurance costs, and possible jail time, even for a first offense.
- Drug charges: Depending on the drugs in your possession, you may be facing a lengthy prison sentence and thousands of dollars in fines.
- Theft crimes: Theft crimes, especially robbery and burglary, can result in significant jail time and a lifelong criminal record.
- White collar crimes: Few employers would want to hire a person who has been convicted of embezzlement or another white collar crime.
- Federal offenses: The stakes are higher when you are charged with a federal crime.
- Violent crimes: Most violent offenses are felonies that result in a prison sentence and high fines upon conviction.
- Sex crimes: If you are accused of a sex crime, you are in a fight for your life.
- Expungements: If a past conviction or arrest is limiting your opportunities in life, we may be able to clear your record.
Everyone in America who is involved in a criminal proceeding has the right to a loyal attorney. This means that if you tell us you are innocent, we will take every legal measure necessary to show this innocence, no matter the crime in question. This starts with acknowledging the prosecution’s the tall order to prove something that didn’t happen and poking holes every step of the way in their case against you.
If the prosecution does seem to have a tight case, other measures are taken immediately to reduce the impact of the conviction. This can include reducing felony theft charges to misdemeanors, arguing for drug diversion treatment programs when available, and reducing prison sentences whenever possible.
Aggressive Representation From Trial Lawyers
When you have been accused of committing a crime, only a trial attorney can provide the representation that you need. Most lawyers will attempt to negotiate with the prosecutor to obtain a plea bargain instead of having to take your case to trial. At Leskovich Law Group, P.A., we know that a trial could be the best option in your defense, and if it is, we will readily take your case before a judge and jury and fight for your freedom.
Without a seasoned trial attorney on your side, your chances of obtaining a dismissal of your charges will be very slim. Each attorney on our team realizes the importance of a strong attorney-client relationship, as well, which means that we will do our best to communicate clearly and often. Excellent communication is an often-overlooked component of an excellent defense, since the client’s understanding of their situation proves that their lawyer is doing everything possible to fight their charges.
Schedule A Free Initial Consultation
To talk to a lawyer about the charges you face, call 941-621-6623 or fill out our simple contact form.