Have You Been Charged With A Theft Crime?
Theft is a criminal charge that involves unlawfully taking property or money from someone else. If theft involves certain factors such as the presence of a weapon or the use of threats, it escalates to a robbery charge. The penalties for both charges are severe, ranging from heavy fines to probation or jail time.
The most important way to avoid or reduce these penalties is to hire a criminal defense lawyer. Our team at Leskovich Law Group has defended clients in Punta Gorda and the surrounding region from a variety of serious property charges. When your rights are at stake, we offer support and guidance for every aspect of your legal proceedings.
What Are The Penalties For Robbery?
Robbery-related convictions carry a wide range of sentences. They tend to be more severe than the sentences for theft crimes, such as shoplifting. Under the Florida Criminal Punishment Code, the potential sentences for a robbery conviction include:
- Sudden snatching: Up to $5,000 in fines and up to five years in prison.
- Robbery with a deadly weapon: Up to $10,000 in fines and up to 30 years in prison.
- Robbery with a firearm: Up to $15,000 in fines and 48 months to life in prison.
- Carjacking: Up to $10,000 in fines and 21 months to 20 years in prison.
- Home invasion: A fine of up to $10,000 and 34.5 months to 30 years in prison.
Our defense attorneys will tell your side of the story as they uphold your rights and develop an aggressive, cohesive defensive strategy.
Ask A Lawyer About Your Charges
The sooner you speak with an attorney, the better. We are ready to construct your defense strategy. Call 941-621-6623 or send us an email to set up an initial consultation with one of our helpful team members.