1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » 
  5. Divorce
  6.  » Domestic Violence Injunctions

Helping Florida Domestic Violence Survivors Obtain Family Law Injunctions

Although most divorces are obtained due to a failed or irretrievably broken marriage, there are some cases where one spouse desires dissolution due to abuse or domestic violence. Cases such as this often involve an imminent danger of harm on the part of the victim and may require an injunction, or “restraining order,” to be filed against the other spouse until the divorce judgment is entered.

The process of requesting an injunction is very detailed. Contacting an attorney as soon as possible is vital.

How To Request An Injunction In Florida

To request an injunction, you must visit the clerk’s office at the courthouse or go online to obtain a copy of a Protection Against Domestic Violence petition form. Once you have this form, you must complete it as thoroughly and accurately as possible and provide as much evidence as you can to prove you were abused by your spouse.

Only then will a judge consider granting you an injunction. Having a knowledgeable and experienced attorney by your side in at this time is invaluable. They could assist you in completing the petition and inform you of what evidence you could provide, from photos to witness statements. They could also represent you in court at your hearing, so call our firm now to speak with a member of our legal team about your need for an injunction.

Contact A Punta Gorda Family Law Attorney Today

Leskovich Law Group, P.A. focuses on excellent legal service and constant communication with each client. By keeping you informed and letting you know what is being done for your case each step of the way, we ensure that you are receiving the highest possible quality of legal service.

Call 941-621-6623 to schedule an appointment for your free case evaluation. Our firm has represented thousands of clients over the past two decades. Let us help you.